Monday, February 13, 2006

2/13/06 Good news bad news

Today was a good news bad news kind of day. I always start with the bad news first. Just a habit of mine.

Bad news. I lost money today. I lost money today for the first time in about 3 weeks. To make it even better than that it wasn't all that much money compared to my usual blow out money losing days.

Good news. I am getting better at losing money and not getting pissed of and going into revenge mode. Nope. I just re-evaluated the situation and then changed directions and almost made it back to break even for the day.

Bad news. Even though I'm getting much better at recognizing the dynamics of a change in trend, I still should have been better today at paying attention to the support and resistance levels that were being broken and going against me sooner. I am still having a problem of not pulling off a losing trade sooner. I will continue to work on that, especially when everything tells me that I'm wrong. I'm much better than I used to be but still not perfect! There is room for improvement.

Good news. I was able to figure it out before I blew a whole weeks (or months) worth of earnings on a really bad trade while still fighting the trend.

Today was a challenging day. The trend change in a major way all of 3 times!. Not just a reversal but then a counter reversal! It was just a crazy day. On the longer charts the ES tried to break back to where it was last week and Friday in particular. It didn't go as far down the the the bulls came in and rallied it almost all the way back up to the open in the last hour or so. Wonder if there was any monkey business going on there by the really big boys... Our government wouldn't be doing this would they???

Tomorrow should be a interesting day. I have my support/resistance level already written down and I'm ready for battle!. Enrico and I are going to have better week. We are getting better at the planning process and waiting for confirmation but still need to concentrate on setups and not just trade by the seat of my pants... which I do more then he does. Need to work on that....

Trader X

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?