Wednesday, January 11, 2006

1/11/06 I stole this from an email to Enrico....

(note: I responded to an email from Enrico about my trading getting better (thanks for noticing Enrico BTW! I know that both of ours has improved much at FU!) and it was too good to not let other see it so here it is. Hope he doesn't mind. Names have been changed to protect the innocent... if there are any of those left?)


Fooser has taught the mechanics that MC never did. The other really big help has been doing the Ryan Jones seminar. What Fooser did for the mechanics, RJ did for my mental hurdles. RJ seminar really peeled the layers of my trading like an onion. I have to admit that it wasn't fun to realize why I had been failing for the last year. But it had to stop. So when I listened to the seminar the first time and he says "This seminar could change your life, but for most of you it won't" I really had to think about that. Did I really want to keep getting the same results. If I didn't change my behavior, I would keep getting the same results. The only way to change my behavior is to set up a plan of behavior modification. RJ does this but not only can this be used for any problems you have but he has geared it specifically for trading issues. Guess what the #1 problem most traders have.....? Overtrading... or my revenge trading! He nails it. It was a huge help to hear him talk about the specific issues that I had.

RJ says that the reason most people fail is because the keep doing the same thing and that most people will never put the effort in to change that. Most people on the seminar never do the homework. That's why the second time around I decided to do the whole thing without fail.

I've now done all 9 steps of the homework but still need to work at the mental discipline everyday. Fooser and you help with that. That's what the steps of my action plan were. To follow Fooser and if I was doing something really stupid then to have you yell at me! I will also post my trades in our IM room so you can see when I'm being an idiot.

Today was interesting because I was seeing things that Foos wasn't. I caught some good trades but still need to work on the mechanics of staying in longer. Foos seem to have jumped the gun a couple of times today. I was trading against him twice but I kept looking at my charts and indicators and they kept telling me I was right so I stayed with it. He sure nailed that one about 9:15! In my action plan it says I have to have a good reason to trade against Foos. I will do it on occasion but I really had to question the trades. That's a good thing. I've gotten so much better at so many things in the last 4 months that it is really scary. It was on those trades that Foos later said that he jumped in without confirmation. I felt vindicated!

I can't wait for FU (Fooser U of course)! Next week it will be balls to the walls learning. Since he will be using voice (never heard him speak), I'm keeping a notebook handy. I will be scribbling, I'm sure. Wish there was an easy way to record the whole session and condense it down, but I think notes will be the best.

Trader X

Comments:
Hi TraderX,

If you want to record voice coming out of your sound card, there is a nice tool i am using (this is not spam btw) which is "advance mp3 wma recorder". I know there are plenty other tools but this is the one i tried and have been using and happy with.

I think it might do the job for you.
Hope this helps

Regards,
Christophe
 
I will look into that this weekend. Thanks! Very helpful as I really need to record thing from time to time and I've had to plug in an external recorder. What a pain and the quality is not the greatest
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?