Monday, May 16, 2005

Friday trades

Were horrible. I was in an emotional revenge trading mode and blew all weeks profits and then some. Late in the PM I just kept going long and getting stopped out. I think it happened twice before I finally just turned off the computer and walked away! What did I learn. Well a couple of things actually. 1. I was able to see what I was doing in my minds eye and stop before I really got myself in trouble. 2. I learned that it is OK to get up and walk away. I did much better than I had in the past when I was in that mood. What I'm trying to say is that my winning days are becoming much more frequent and my losing days are less frequent and less money. I will take that as a sign in improvement. It does seem that I am just hovering above and below that breakeven line! Some weeks up and others down. The nice thing is that even though my equity curve isn't going up steadily, it isn't bleeding like it once was either. As long as my option trading is paying the bills, I should be able to stay in this game much longer now. I will take all of this as success!

Trader X

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?