Tuesday, May 03, 2005

5/3/05 open to 10:30

I was short for about 1/2 a point from 116350 to 116300. I closed the trade out when the stochs crossed and the market has been higher since. I'll take my 1/2 point and run. I am being much more diligent about getting out of trades when they are just going sideways or an indicator moves against me. Divergence my friend, is what I need to look at. Market sideways and the stochs cross on a short position, GET OUT NOW!!!! Dont' wait to cross go or try to get $200! I was just waiting like a doe in the headlights hoping that the market would continue in my direction and it would take what little profits I may have had or a little loss and turn them into a larger loss! It was time to stop just sitting there. I have learned something here... all I can do as a trader is react to what the market is doing. And if it has stopped doing what I thought it would do then GET OUT and say NEXT!!!! Got it? NEXT!

I am setting a much smaller goal for my daily profits... $150 a day or 3 eminis points on the sp. That's it. I'm not pushing it anymore. I will only take high probability trades with no emotion. When my indicators change while I'm in a trade I will GET OUT and say NEXT! I will not trade after 1:30. I will only close pre-existing positions. That's it. I will live by these until I have am successful and then I will expand my horizons.

Failure is not nearly as frightening as regret!

Trader X.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?